You have probably heard about SEO or search engine optimization. You might have also turned a blind eye to it thinking it is just another marketing fad. But, hold on. SEO is not just any trend. It has come a really long way and from being another online marketing tactic, it has evolved into a branding play.
Why you should take note of SEO irrespective of small or large business?
· Because you want to provide search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo, with critical information about your company so that your website secures a top 5 spot in the search results.
· Because you want to provide visitors of your site the best possible user experience so that they are encouraged to spread the word about your business.
The primary job of SEO is to process the information typed by users and locate the most relevant websites making use of those keywords. Simply put, by investing in SEO you secure your position of being in the first page of the search engines and get round-the-clock exposure of being at the fingertips of your audience.
Still not sure? Here are 5 compelling reasons to invest in SEO right away.
· SEO is your model employee's Just think about it. SEO helps your website to stay open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. It does not call in sick or even reports late to work. It is your ideal employee because it can perfectly multi-task, handle thousands of prospects at the same time and is only really limited by what you ask of it. SEO lays emphasis in your marketing arsenal and ensures optimum performance.
· Superior user experience Ultimately, SEO is all about providing your website's visitors the fastest, friendliest and the best experience. A search engine works towards providing users with exactly what they are looking for. When the search engine is successful in its quest, both the parties can be satisfied. A happy customer will always return and maybe recommend you highly to others, as well.
· Great potential for increasing conversion rates SEO mainly attracts users who are already in the hunt for similar products or services that you are looking for. You are not required to scream or dance to gain the attention of an audience. They are already convinced of what they need, and therefore, searching about the product or service online. You do not have to spend a huge amount by placing advertisements on newspapers or magazines. What do you have to do then? You have to be on the first page of the search engine results. With more than 80% people relying on getting the information they need from the search engines, this is where your business need to be to flourish in this world of competitive business. By investing in properly optimizing your website, you will be able to make sure that the visitors have a good time and keep coming back for more.
· SEO utilizes the power of social media Do you want your business to be on the popular social networks, such as Facebook, Google+ or Instagram? If yes, you can achieve that through SEO. The content shared by users on social channels are directly related to SEO-specific parameters, such as Meta descriptions and title tags. When a user types in a search query, the results that you see as stories on Facebook Wall, Google+ profile or in a tweet are processes that are managed by an SEO strategist. With SEO, you can control what people think, read and do on social sites.
· SEO helps in gaining valuable insight into your customers A properly optimized website increases search engine visibility, credibility and usability. All of this helps to increase traffic to your website. The moment you begin enjoying a higher number of visitors, Google Analytics is able to track valuable and useful information about your visitors. With this, you will be able to find out about the keywords they use, the browser and technology they use, their geographical location, the times and days that they are most active, how much time they spend on a page and so on. The data gathered will help you to discover your target market and hone your advertising strategies. The better you know your audience, the better product or service you can offer, and therefore, higher the ROI.
SEO is no longer an option for businesses; it is an integral part of the marketing mix. Invest in SEO and get noticed. Increase your sales and thrive!