Top 5 Future Trends of Content Marketing you should Follow in 2021
Back then, when traditional marketing was growing at a great pace, the marketers quoted, “Customer is the king.” And, all the efforts revolved around customers’ needs and wants.
As we see today, the market is growing beyond what one had anticipated, each day we see a new trend, innovative products, and services, as much as they are focused on customers’ needs and wants, the marketing is not limited to them.
The marketers are developing different techniques to reach out to their target audience on multiple mediums which digital marketing has provided us with, but at the end of the day, it all filters down to one major part of marketing i.e. content. In today’s scenario, content is the king. And without good content, all marketing efforts are in vain.
Companies like Investopedia, HubSpot, Backlinko are making notable use of content marketing. They have made sure that content is their utmost priority.
In this blog, we will dig deep into the future trends of content marketing, which as a marketer one shouldn’t miss out, to stay on top of the search engine result page.
- Personalized Content: When you walk into the fast-food restaurant subway, you are given the choice of selecting the toppings and other ingredients, exactly the way you’d like it. The entire effort was taken to make sure you eat what you want to. That’s exactly what personalized content is all about. The content creators tailor and design the content according to the customer’s preferences to arouse the interest and desire to feel related and to know more about the product and service provided by the company. This is no longer a choice of adoption to the company but instead predominant approach to get their prospects to turn into loyal customers.
- Growth of Chatbots and Interactive Content: Chatbots can be defined as an interaction that takes place between humans and AI on the website or other digital medium. Chatbot popularity grew when Facebook enabled the chatbot feature in messenger. This led to a potential growth of chatbot in the digital marketing field. Chatbots were used by e-commerce websites to make the user interface more compatible, easier, and interactive such that customers would spend a long time on the website.
The more interactive the experience is, the more likely the customer will visit the website again, which is exactly what marketers wanted. Chatbots are practiced in all sects of the industry to have one on one interactive conversation with the customers.
- Podcasts: Why is creating a podcast so important when you have other types of content growing effectively?
⮚ It has less competition.
⮚ It is convenient.
⮚ It is mobile friendly.
As of January 2020, there are 850,000 active podcasts and more than 30 million podcast episodes (Podcast Insights, 2020). Infographics and video content marketing made their way into the market when the competition was low and marketers were yet to make the best use of it. Many social media influencers have already established themselves and have been creating a large audience base on podcasting platforms. Podcasts are cost-friendly and the number of podcast listeners is growing day by day and you definitely don’t want to miss out on this trend.
- Voice Search: Voice search is a part of SEO optimization and long-tail keywords play a major role. It assists in gaining organic audience to your website, which is the precept of all digital marketers. For better implementation of voice search, it is important to understand your target audience’s search queries. Find out, what would your target audience ask the digital voice assistant and create your content, accordingly.
- Featured Snippet: They call it – position 0 because it appears above position 1 on the search engine result page.
Imagine you search for a query like,” top content marketing blogs.”
Then you see this:
This is called a featured snippet. It appears on the top of the search engine result page. It gives 100% organic traffic which leads to an increase in the number of conversion rates, which probably what every SEO analyst and content creator aims for.
The 4 ways to get featured snippet for your website:
⮚ Create content which answers the users’ queries.
⮚ Use more keywords like how to, how do, what is.
⮚ Do excellent keyword research and create content that provides high value to your audience.
⮚ Alt image and good quality of videos, if used in the content.
Google keeps updating every now and then. Keep working on your content and optimize your website frequently. The featured snippet is on leap and it is very important as a content creator, to make sure everything is up to date to rank on top of the search engine result page.
So, are you following all the trends of Content Marketing?
If not, then start working on it from today.