Top 3 Social Media Campaigns
Social media never fails to amaze. And through social media, people have the ability to connect, interact and converse with each other.
In the last decade, we have seen brands and storytellers embark on a journey to educate, communicate, and express themselves through ideas and concepts.
Social media is also about meeting your customers and audience to provide them the benefit and value for what they need and may require in their business.
Through social media, people and brands motivate their audience to think, reflect, and bring about a change.
So, as a reader, you may ask what is Social Media Marketing?
Popular social media management software, Buffer says, “Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic.”
Even Hubspot tells us that, “Social media marketing is the act of creating content to promote your business and products on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Your unique content should be tailored to the specific platform it’s being shared on to help you boost conversions and increase brand awareness.”
So, social media marketing is all about
Reaching your target audience and
Engaging with your customers
Because of social media and the whole digital space is extremely valuable and adds extra benefits to your business growth, however, you need to remember that your social media strategy will differ according to your audience and according to different channels you are present at like
And many more...
Recently, for research, I was reading about different social media campaigns and how brands engage and interact with their audience and engrave a lasting effect on them while doing so.
Hustling in our daily lives…
1. Gillette Venus’s WhatsYourRepeat campaign that aimed to salute women, their courage, their bravery, their life, their dreams, their ambitions, and the sheer fact they can hustle their life the way they want. BrandEquity says, that according to the company, the campaign #WhatsYourRepeat is a modern and progressive portrayal of Indian women as it celebrates ‘real’ girls and their authentic stories.
You can watch the campaign here. And well, the campaign is loved and how. Mainly because we can relate to the women heroes, the trailblazers who strive to win regardless of the defeats they may face in their journey.
Of course, who can forget...
2. Burger giant Burger King made headlines a few months back when they dropped in the Moldy Whopper campaign. They released a time-lapse video of its flagship burger decomposing and getting covered in mold over the course of 34 days. They wanted to focus on preservative-free, natural food colors, and flavors because they believe that real food tastes better.
Adweek rightly says that “The chain's anti-preservatives pledge breaks just about every rule in advertising.” And many marketing influencers are saying that there are ads that came before the Moldy Whopper campaign and there are ads that came after the Moldy Whopper campaign. The campaign so far has sparked many conversations and even a few brands have responded in their own tongue-in-cheek ways like Nando’s Singapore whose ad destroyed Burger King with this.
So tell us, what do you think of the Moldy Whopper Campaign? Do you think it's a gimmick? Or do you believe Burger King?
And, when we see the recent global pandemic, our hearts reach out to humanity
3. Most important of all is how brands and agencies have come together to inform and educate the masses about the COVID-19 spread. A new virus is causing this infectious disease - COVID-19. Our scientists and doctors are researching and testing drugs and antidotes, but the disease has broken us, has taken away our will; we see so many people suffering, so many lives destroyed, yet brands and storytellers have kept the light burning, have kept us going, have given us hope.
Like brands promoting proper hygiene, or social distancing or work from home during the lockdown period. They have kept us entertained and how in this time of gloom where the silver lining is seldom seen.
Brands like Starbucks, Swiggy, Zomato, Amazon, Dineout, ParleG, Amul to name a few have educated and informed the audience about the disease and how to cope with the whole situation, maintain social distancing and live healthily - mentally and physically). They have taught us resilience through their social responsibility messages.
And the Portugal Tourism campaign gave up hope. Asked us to dream of a better and beautiful future. They told us that a magical world is waiting for us and that it's time to stop because we are in this together and we will overcome, together. You can watch the campaign here.
Last but not least, Brands coming up with quirky ideas and thoughts to lighten up the mood. These are known as Moment Marketing, and it is about creating relevant connections with the audience and the brand and linking the story with a bigger intent of relevancy and engagement. We at Honeycomb also jumped into the bandwagon. While working on these the team had lots of fun.
You can check them out here.
But before you jump in, remember the key for Moment Marketing is:
- Time - Being there when your audience will engage
- Content - It should be relevant to the brand and the overall message
Therefore, be informed of different moments that are trending on social media to grab the chance of targeting your audience and engaging with them.
On social media, brands and storytellers always need to generate content that will give value, educate and provide extra benefits to their audience. Therefore, the campaigns will become close to our hearts and we will always reminisce and instantly recall the brand.
So, these are our top three campaigns that we loved on social media for the last quarter though there were plenty to choose from, yet they struck a chord in our hearts.
And, we are looking forward to reading about your favorite campaigns in the comment section below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more such articles.