Interview with Famous Photographer Digwas Bellemane
Digwas Bellemane Photographer & Owner at Digwas B Picturesque.
1. Would you tell us more about you and your interest in Photography?I never intended to be a photographer. It all started when I became father. I started my journey by photographing my family. Good appreciation given by my kith and kins in social media made me realise my potential in photography. Then on it never stopped. As I was born in Sirsi, a small town amidst Western Ghats of Karnataka, there was no dearth of opportunities. In the meantime, I met some of the renowned photo artists like M S Hebbar, Nagendra Muthmurdu, Rajaram etc. in Karnataka who mentored me in pictorial photography. I started participating in national & international photo salons/exhibitions with great success. Along with pictorial, I have extensively explored Karnataka landscapes, culture, rural life and macro photography.
2. Can you please tell us about the types of Photography you indulge with?As I already said, I am more into Landscapes, Macros, Culture and Pictorial. I have extensively travelled my mother land and I am very proud in showcasing our Incredible Karnataka especially the Western Ghats and monsoon. Along with types, I give importance to locations as well. I challenge myself again and again to explore and showcase similar if not same images what others make using high end optics at well known locations like national parks with all facilities, popular holy places & melas with organised trips. It is quite challenging.
3. What is the inspiration that keeps you going?Photography is my passion. It can never fade. But yes, the thrill will be double with success. And off course good feedback on social media, success in salons/contests, encouragement from family & friends, curiosity in nature's phenomena are the real drivers of my passion.
4. How do you feel when your work is exhibited and viewed by tons of people?Happy and excited, naturally. Especially so, when my new works are exhibited in foreign countries.
5. Can you tell us something about Photography and its inception?History of Photography as a means of recording facts using light (photos in Greek) is well documented and is available to the public. The technique has undergone dramatic improvements over the years removing most of the earlier limitations. I would like to add a few words about art photography. Here the artist tries to capture the subject using camera in a unique way by bringing in his creativity and imagination. The intension may not be mere recording of facts.
6. To you, what is Photography?To me it's a visual language in art form.
7. Please share us some of your achievements in Photography Profession?Here are some of the achievements that I want to share
- First award in landscape category and Nature Honourable mention in DJ MEMORIAL INTERNATIONAL 2017
- PSA GOLD in Grand Digital Circuit. INDIA
- FOCI INTERNATIONAL 2015 GOLD MEDAL Nature category
- Gold medal in nature category, 47th HOWRAH International
- EMPA INTERNATIONAL 2015 SILVER MEDAL. Open Section
- Monochrome Silver Medal in MAHFUZ ULLAH MEMORIAL INTERNATIONAL PHOTO CONTEST 2017, Bangladesh
- Askary award. Bangalore. 2012 (below 35 years)
- 2nd Award. 2011 Thematic (POWER) International photo Competition. Conducted by My Shutter space. Australia.
- Special Jury Choice award in nature category. Photo Contest 2016. organized by Honeycomb Creative Support Ltd. Bangalore
- Honeycomb 2016 people choice award
- 34th YPS ALL INDIA DIGITAL SALON 2016 Overall Best Salon entrant award
- Best Portrait award. All India Photographic Competition.33 rd YPS All India Salon of Photography 2011 . Bangalore.
- Kuhuku Rani Memorial Award.Open Section.PFM All India Salon Of Photography. Midnapur.2012
- Alvas Chaayachitra Siri - National Photographic Salon 2016 First award in Nature section
- AFIP Distinction from Federation of indian photography. (2017)
- Best Youth Award. all India Salon of Photography. Sagar.
- More than 60 works exhibited across 14 + countries
- Major Profile published In Smart Photography
- Magazine 2014 September Issue