Travel & Street Photographer
1) Would you tell us more about you and your interest in Photography?
I am Mumbai based self taught photographer. Born and brought up in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. Almost 4 years back I moved to Mumbai and my stint with photography started. With a great inclination towards art and creativity, I believe pictures are photographer’s way of expression.
2) Can you please tell us about the types of Photography you indulge with?
I love street and travel photography and take inspiration from daily life and its decisive moments. Photography allows me to think differently and create a unique piece of art. Photography teaches you lessons that cannot be learned in any class room.
3) What is the inspiration that keeps you going?
I love capturing people and portraying their daily lives, stories evolving around them. I consider photography is a very strong and powerful tool for convey social messages and creating awareness among people. Each and every time I step out with my camera, I learn something new. There can’t be a saturation point in photography.
4) How do you feel when your work is exhibited and viewed by tons of people?
It feels amazing, when people appreciate your work. It keeps me motivated. I am thankful to my audience to understand my work and for their kind comments and feedbacks. It really means a lot.
5) To you, what is Photography?
Photography to me is a divine journey, which has changed my perspective towards life. Photography is an art of visual story telling. The images should speak for themselves & you should know what you want to convey with them.
6) Please share us some of your achievements in Photography Profession?
• “Mumbai Redefined” a solo exhibition at The Photographic Society of India, Mumbai.
• My Photo story on Kullu Dusshera published in a prestigious magazine named “Chiiz”
• Among the winners for the Gionee initiative in association with Creative Image magazine. Judged by Mr. Raghu Rai
• Street & Beyond: Presented my work at Kala Bhavan, organised by Foto Circle Society, Mumbai
• Exhibited my images at institute on advanced research, Ahmedabad
• Work got published in Lonely Planet magazine & Mumbai Mirror, Newspaper
7) Can you tell us something about your Photography community?
I am associated with few photography groups. It is always great to meet like minded people and learn and share ideas with them. At the same time I am very much active on social media. I want my stories to be reaching out to maximum number of people.
8) Can you tell us about the general response you receive in exhibitions?
It is great to see how people react while looking at your work. You receive instant responses. It’s an incredible feeling all together.
9) What do you think about the scope of Photography in the modern Digital world?
I think it is very important to document events, different stories, culture, lifestyle, day to day activities and social changes happening in the society. Of course the scope of photography has widened with digital transformation. It has given people opportunity to share their work worldwide. The presence of social media provides more exposure and opens new prospects for photographers. It has a wider reach and more impact.
10) How do you feel about your association with Honeycomb creative support?
I am very thankful to Honeycomb for their support. Your team was always there whenever I need them. When you showcasing your work, presentation plays very important role. High quality prints done by Honeycomb gave new dimension to my images. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
11) Can you share us your future plans and dreams?
I want to travel as much as I can. Bring out stories which exist but go unnoticed. It is very interesting to explore new places, meet new people and learn about their lifestyle & culture.