Digital Statistics of 2020
What is a digital presence?
A “digital presence” simply refers to how your business appears online; it’s what people find when they search for your business or company on the internet. Digital presence includes content that you control, like your website and social media profiles, but also content that you don’t control, such as online reviews.
Think about everything you do on the internet on behalf of your business. This includes:
- Your website; desktop and mobile versions
- All social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Office or store locations (Google Maps)
- Directory listings
- Online reviews (Google, Yelp)
- Digital ads (social ads, Google ads, Bing ads)
Website Design & Development
Everything about your website – including the content, the way it looks, and the way it works is determined by the website design.
Web design is a process of conceptualizing, planning, and building a collection of electronic files that determine the layout, colors, text styles, structure, graphics, images, and use of interactive features that deliver pages to your site visitors. Professional Web design helps to make your business appear credible online.
- First impressions are 94% design-related
- 90% of smartphone users say they’d continue to shop at a particular site if their user experience is good
- 83% of people expect a website to load in 3 seconds or less.
- 73% of companies invest in design to help their brand stand out from competitors
- 62% of companies that invested in responsive design saw an increase in sales
Search Engine Optimization & Search Engine Marketing
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a digital marketing strategy used to increase the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Why does your business need SEO & SEM?
- Google has received nearly 2.3 trillion searches this year(2020)
- 3.5 billion searches are done on Google each day
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase
- 78% of location-oriented searches resulted in an offline conversion
- 76% of people who searched on their smartphones for something nearby visited a business within a day
- 75% of users don’t even scroll past the first page of the search engine result page
- 72% of online marketers describe content marketing as their most effective SEO tactic
- 70% of marketers see SEO as more effective than PPC
- 70% of clicks in Google search results go to organic, with 30% going to Ad Words
- 67.60% of all clicks go to the first five organic results
Social Media Marketing
80% of the total time that users spend on social media sites occurs on mobile platforms.
Social media marketing is the act of creating content to promote your business and products on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Why does your business need Social media marketing?
As a professional network, LinkedIn is popular not only among job seekers but also businesses, with more than 30 million companies listed on the platform
Of all the social media sites, LinkedIn is the second-most popular platform among B2B marketers, just behind Facebook
57 percent of LinkedIn’s traffic comes from mobile devices
Instagram helps 80 percent of Instagrammers decide whether to buy a product or service
500 million Instagram accounts use Instagram Stories every day
50 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business
Facebook is available in 142 different languages
More than 80 million businesses have Facebook pages
93 percent of social media advertisers use Facebook Ads
85 percent of the videos viewed on Facebook are watched without sound
79 percent of internet users say they have a YouTube account
Users can navigate YouTube in a total of 80 different languages. This covers 95 percent of the Internet population
Video is a powerful marketing tool. 90 percent of people say they discover new brands or products on YouTube
62 percent of businesses use YouTube as a channel to post video content
Think with Google | Junto | 99 firms | Safari digital | Marketing Land | Internet Live Stats | Facebook | Oberlo | Hootsuite | WebFx | Buffer | YouTube | Datareportal | Mention | Instagram | Social Media Examiner | LinkedIn | Websurge