1) Would you tell us more about you and your interest in Photography?
I was born and brought up in Bangalore. I studied at Military School(Bangalore) and from day one of my schooling I was taught survival instincts as I was always into adventure & Sports due to this led me to develop this as hobby and soon the hobby changed into passion. As a Wildlife Photographer I don’t really have one specific photographic skill, I love to capture all kind of photography styles. I continuously experiment with different styles in various scenarios, but my favourite is wildlife in Action. I love to capture those beautiful actions in wild as a wildlife photographer. My aim is to capture unique, powerful and striking images.
2) Can you please tell us about the types of Photography you indulge with?
I basically indulge in Wildlife Photography, Landscape, Macro, Travel & Family portraits.
3 ) What is the inspiration that keeps you going?
Being amongst nature motivates me to be there most of the time along with my viewfinder.
4) How do you feel when your work is exhibited and viewed by tons of people?
During the exhibition when I see people glued to my picture I feel excited and when they talk about my work I feel it’s a great achievement and being valued.
5) Can you tell us something about Photography and its inception?
For me Photography is not about camera, it’s the love to capture if I was not able to afford a DSLR I would have still been clicking with mobiles or any other gadget, but yes photography is changing to a next level of technology.
6) To you, what is Photography?
For me Photography is to capture what I see and an exceptional medium of self-expression, I love Photography for the simple reason is When I photograph the things i love, I get excited and inspired. When I am excited and inspired by something, I try spending more time doing it. The more time i spend doing something, the better I become at it.
7) Please share us some of your achievements in Photography Profession?
• Awarded as the best picture for 2012 by Pixoto , http://www.pixoto.com/imagesphotography/animals/birds/roller-63555469
• Special Mention Raju Harkare Memorial National Level Wildlife photography Competition & Exhibition 2012, Srushti paryavaran mandal, Nagpur
• 2 of my Images published at Natgeo Daily favourite photos, chosen by National Geographic editors
• Photostop Contest qualified my images under Top 50 and exhibited
• Myimage(Kestral Fight) was purchased by a Senior Contemporary Painter during Nicefoto Season Six exhibition at India Habitat Center during 21-24th Oct 2016.
• My work has been published in few national publications.
• Showcased my work at prestigious Coffee Table Book of Kanha 2017
8) Can you tell us something about your Photography community?
My Photography community started with a small friend circle and now its like knowing many photographers from national & International photographers through Wildlife Action Photography ( WAP ), a prominent wildlife group on Facebook with more than 1,10,000 members,
9) Can you tell us about the general response you receive in exhibitions?
Exhibition is way beyond what u see in Computer, the print of your photographs is the next level, and exhibitions is the right place to showcase your image.The response was beyond expectation.
10) What do you think about the scope of Photography in the modern Digital world?
For me Photography is more of a profession than a career, it has now turned out to be one of the most sought after professions in India. Photography as a whole has lot of scope especially with the Digital World, keep clicking and you’ll find a better day soon.
11) How do you feel about your association with Honeycomb creative support?
Honeycomb is a great place to be, very friendly and helpful guys with lots of energy , its a pleasure to be associated with Honeycomb team.
12) Can you share us your future plans and dreams?
Many more exhibitions to come with , we would be doing Pan India Exhibition, coming soon at Hyderabad on 14th 15th & 16th Dec 2017, with 100 pics on Mara Wildlife.