In the era of 2020, we need to have one design for all be it on a mobile, tablet or desktop of compatible screen resolution.
What is Responsive Design & Why it is required?
A smart way to put together a website which allows automatic scaling
of its content and elements to match the screen size on which it is viewed, making it hassle-free reading for the users. Optimizing a website to be responsive avoids the need to design multiple websites for various screen sizes of mobile, tablet and a desktop making it easier to maintain them
Before we take off, I would like to ask you these following questions for you to scroll through your thoughts.
1. Where do you read your morning news from?
2. How long has it been since you walked through a supermarket aisle pushing around the cart?
3. How do you respond quickly to Emails when your boss needs errands done on time?
4. Where do you book your airplane tickets off late?
5. How often do you stop by asking for directions?
From sharing your resume to ordering sumptuous food, we do all of it online through our current day magic wand which is our mobile device.
Each one of us is glued to our smartphones right now, you might be one among them enjoying this piece of content on your android or an apple as you are taking a metro.
When this reach to the audience is put to right use, it can drive the world traffic to your website
ensuring your business growth
3 Benefits of Having a Responsive Website
1. The first impression lasts forever with hassle-free user experience
- A pleasing layout with a scroll free episode is what every user would look for in a website over a never-ending scroll. User engagement is the key these days to get the attention of your prospective customers.
- An appetizing readable content is equal to no squinting or pinching to zoom. This is a current day issue that should be avoided while designing a website for your business.
- Follow the five-second rule as the loading speed for your website. As it is an essential point to reduce the bounce rate of your web page. The quicker you provide them what they are looking for, the longer they will stay on the page increasing the dwell time.
2. Google algorithm has its strong game face ON!
- People’s experience is Google’s priority. Always! When the user finds the right content or data that he/she is looking for they automatically tend to spend more time on that particular source indicating that the content is relevant and reliable. Fresh content = More mobile traffic = Improved Ranking
- Mobile optimization can help boost the Search engine optimization of your website. That’s a bonus.
- Responsive design has proven results showing high improves SEO results in google of websites according to their performance amongst the users.
3. 24/7 Business outstretch
- Customers can spot you faster than ever. In the current day scenario, all transactions happen over the mobile device. So this helps in situations like when a prospect has seen or heard about your product and service and is further interested in learning more. Out of interest your prospect would look up for you online and having a responsive website would make it easier for them to study about you and schedule a call further.
- Good connectivity means the better conversion rate
- Social media presence on a wide range of channels will also lead the user to your website
83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important. On the whole, a responsive website allows an increased reach to customers on all their devices maintaining consistent user experience improving retention.