Did you know that SEO is an important part of digital marketing? If you have decided to take your business online and have created a website, it is now time to optimize it so that your target audience can find you. Search engine optimization or SEO refers to optimizing a website’s content, such as images, keywords and texts so that popular search engines like, Google, Yahoo and Bing can easily find the website and place it on the first page of the search engine results. So, it is safe to say that if you want to enjoy a top 5 ranking and appear on the first page of the SERPs, you have to judiciously invest in SEO.
A properly optimized website is easily visible in the web space and that helps to bring an increased amount of traffic to the website. Needless to say, more visitors mean more opportunities for conversion that leads to more sales and increased revenue.
Still don’t believe that SEO can improve your business and help you flourish in the online world? Here are some reasons to convince you.
· Top Ranking – Ranking is one of the most important reasons why small to large businesses are investing in search engine optimization. The higher the ranking, the more number of visitors to a website. If you are looking to establish your brand presence on the Internet, increased flow of visitors to your site can be absolutely priceless.
· Increased conversion rate – Do you know what the conversion rate it? It is basically the ratio of the number of people who have become your customer to the number of visitors to your website. With a highly dedicated SEO effort, you can convert visitors who are interested in your business to loyal customers. This way, you will be able to boost your sales and revenue.
· Better brand awareness – So, you want your brand to become popular? SEO is the answer! You need to be visible to become popular and search engine optimization can help you achieve that. As SEO efforts help to take your website to the top search engine results pages, your brand name will come to the forefront and a large number of Internet user will come to know of your brand and business. As more visitors visit your site, your brand awareness will spread. The trick here is to rank higher for not just one, but multiple keywords. As this will help to not only create a brand awareness and reputation, but also credibility.
· Customer engagement – In today’s competitively-driven business world, customers are the end all and be all. For any business to survive the cut-throat competition, it is important to have the support of the users. SEO makes it easy to engage and connect with a large audience. With better engagement, you will be able to constantly improve upon your products or services. Better insight into what your customers need or want will help you to always stay a step ahead of your competitors. When your audience will realize that you are taking into account their opinion, they will trust you better and even recommend your business to others. Insights into consumer behavior and shopping patterns can be attained from search engine optimization.
In addition to the aforementioned, there are few more things that make SEO an inevitable part of your online business.
· A majority of Internet users are more likely to click on the top 5 results of their search and ignore the rest. So, for the sake of your business, you need to be on that list.
· Users who find your website on the top search results are likely to share and promote your site on social networks, such as Facebook, Google+, etc. This will help to further enhance your business and increase sales.
· A website needs SEO for its efficient and smooth functioning. SEO compromises on improving the framework of a website for an enhanced user experience.
· Internet users trust search engines. But, only trust the websites that appear on the first page. If you want to grow your business and flourish, your aim must be the first page and nothing else.
If you want to enhance the presence of your website online and improve your sales and revenue, you must absolutely consider incorporating SEO as a part of your existing marketing mix. SEO can empower your online business with measurable and tangible results by directing traffic to your site. Think about it!